Acrylic / Oil Pastel on Hardboard
28 x 50 cm (including frame, 50 x 65 cm)
Signed with 'MOND'
Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, The Netherlands (Tractor)
Present-day Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, with the most important places at that time as Sluis (city law 1290) and Hulst (city law 1180), was part of the county of Flanders until around 1600. It was administered as Staats-Vlaanderen until 1795 by the States General of the Northern Netherlands. The garrisons in Axel, Biervliet, Terneuzen, Lillo and Liefkenshoek (called the committimus) were administered by the States of Zeeland. In these five places of the committee, tax was also collected by the Zeeland government. The administration of justice in Staats-Vlaanderen was in the hands of the Council of Flanders, which was established in 1599 in Middelburg. From July 1814, Zeelandic Flanders is part of the province of Zeeland. This artwork comes with a beautiful natural frame. It is painted in acrylic / oil pastel on hardboard and is protected with anti-reflective glass.