45 x 31 cm (including frame, outer size 70 x 50 cm)
Signed with 'Joop van Egmond' 1988
Church of Rijnsburg, The Netherlands
The Great or Laurentiuskerk is a Protestant church at Kerkstraat 32 in Rijnsburg, municipality of Katwijk. The building has been registered as a national monument since 1971. The church was opened in 1578. On October 1, 1577, the first preacher was confirmed, who left after a year to Bruges in Belgium. The church was built behind the Romanesque tower. The tower was a remnant of the church of the abbey of Rijnsburg, which was founded in 1133 by Petonelle van Saksen and dowager Count Floris II van Holland. This artwork comes with a robust aluminum BARTH 1828 frame (color brown) and is protected with anti-reflective glass.